Fall is slowly coming our way as the months inch closer to is golden leaves, drop in temperatures and closer proximity to winter itself. Follow the tips of this article if you want to make your home more exciting and welcoming during the new seasons ahead. You can begin your preparations with the following:
- Placing some nice, warm-colored and soft carpets with autumn hues and patterns. This will not only keep your feet warm, but they will also make the place much more friendly to the eye. You can make the rooms and their floors resemble a forest with a cover of fallen leaves if you want to be closer to the natural world outside. Look for carpets made with rich browns, golden yellows or darker colors such as burgundy. Oriental plush, wool or Persian carpets are all a great choice for your home, bringing warmth and comfort into your home.
- Up next you will need to consider the drapes in your home. You can really change the looks of what you’re working with if you want by using different fabrics, such as silk, velvet or anything else that suits your vision. You can also use tiebacks, tassel, cording and fringing to make your draperies more interesting and in tune with the upcoming fall season.
- Blankets as well as cushions can also make a very interesting change around your home. Having a nice sofa or a bed you’d love spending time in is also another area where cushions and blankets can be a wonderful addition. A good bedroom will always benefit from great-looking pillows and cushions, but you must make sure you have the theme, size and shape in tune with the home in general. Fringing and trims as well as even using feathers can be a good way to combine these elements. Sometimes even throwing a blanket on a piece of furniture can completely transform the looks of a room if used right.
- You can make some interesting looking fall centerpieces for a more welcoming autumn look. Create them using gourds and pumpkins, berries, branches and leaves from the outside once the first leaves start falling. You may use Lumina pumpkins to make it happen if you don’t want to use the typical orange-colored ones instead. You may even use paint to add more variety to their look as the season rolls around.
- You can work on changing your bed linens for the season, going for more fall-related themes. Lay some nice, warm colors onto your dining table, combining it with candles for a more wholesome ambient look. Overall your choices will be up to your vision of how the home must look, but sticking to some of these rules will help set the mood for the months ahead.
Bio: Ella Andrews is a blogger and copywriter. She is also keen home improvement enthusiast, who likes to share valuable tips and advises inspired by personal interior design and property maintenance projects. Read more helpful tips here: cleaning company North London